Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Quick Hit: Procrastination

Procrastination is a skill of sorts that one learns. It isn't laziness per se, it is putting things off to do another "better" time. There are people, especially in college who deliberately procrastinate until there is a rush and they have to finish quickly. They believe that the stress helps them work better, and as a side benefit they have more time to do what they want to. While I was never a big procrastinator in college, there were definitely times that I put off until later what I could have done now so I could hang out with friends, read a fun book, or just because I didn't give a damn.

Unfortunately both with a blog, and with dealing with construction or farming, this is far from useful. That high stress get it done now thing, useless when the fact you've waited means the weather is now wrong for what you need to do. In my case, I've been rushing around in these few unseasonably warm days to get pieces of the studio done that need to be done when it will be 40 degrees Fahrenheit or over for 24 hours at a time. The up shot of this is that I have been rather uninspired to work on the blog when I have had free time. I will try not to do so in the future. After all, now when I procrastinate and mess up by having too much to do in too short of a time to manage it all instead of a private loss of grade, there's the rather more public failure to produce a blog post.

Thursday the lady of the house and I will be talking about visiting Michelle Chandler's farm. She was generous enough to let us take pictures of her operation so expect a big and picture full post Thursday. Thank you all for your indulgence.

Edited to Add:
The lady of the house generously provided this image to put on here as a preview of Thursday's post.


No comments:

Post a Comment